40 AFP casualties in Bukidnon
The New People’s Army in Bukidnon (Mt. Kitanglad Subregional Command) successfully launched various military actions against the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) in July. The AFP suffered 40 casualties, wherein more than 10 were killed-in-action (KIA) and not less than 30 were wounded-in-action (WIA).
The following are some of the armed actions launched by NPA in Bukidnon:
1) On July 10, at 10 a.m., Red fighters harassed a platoon of the 1st Special Forces Battalion (SFB) while they were conducting military operations in Brgy. Lacolak, Baungon. A soldier was killed and two wounded.
2) On July 13, at 12:14 p.m., the NPA once again harassed another column of the 1st SFB, who responded to the July 10 harassment. The encounter took place in Brgy. Napulon, of the same municipality, where the NPA positioned just eight meters away from the military forces. Five AFP troopers were confirmed killed and 13 wounded.
3) On July 15, at 1:15 p.m., Red fighters took position against the AFP forces in Brgy. Lacolak, Baungon.
4) On July 21, at 5 p.m., the AFP failed to ambush the Red fighters on a supply run. The NPA seized the initiative and were able to shift to a more favorable position. Two AFP soldiers were killed.
5) On July 30, at 12:30 a.m., Red fighters surprised AFP troopers by firing at their detachment in Brgy. Mendez, Pangantucan. According to initial reports, the firefight lasted for two minutes.
6) On July 31, at 3:40 a.m., the NPA ambushed a military vehicle in Brgy. New Eden, Pangantucan. The AFP were not able to respond immediately. Two AFP troopers were killed and five were wounded.
Amid Rodrigo Duterte and the AFP’s sustained and intensified fascist attacks, the NPA persevere to defend the people’s plight. Military operations put the life and security of the people in danger—forcing them to surrender, threatening their lives, falling victims to killings and other violations of their rights. Thus, the NPA and the oppressed and exploited masses will confront all the anti-people schemes of the state. Furtheron, the regime will surely fail, as history has long proven.
Ka Malem Mabini