Ka Rekka, former UP student, was unarmed and extrajudicially killed in Bukidnon

This article is available in Pilipino

The Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP) condemns in the strongest terms the US-Marcos fascist regime and its armed minions in the 1003rd Infantry Brigade of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), for the extrajudicial killing of Kaliska Dominica Peralta (Ka Rekka), a Red fighter of the New People’s Army, in Barangay Butong, Quezon, Bukidnon.

Based on initial information we have gathered, Ka Rekka was unarmed when she was taken in by the military and police agents last Wednesday, April 10. She was later taken to another part of the village where she was shot and killed. Three others were arrested by the AFP.

Local witnesses attest that there was no gunbattle, contrary to the statements issued by the military and police. The media and the public are being fed false information by the AFP in order to cover up their crime. The killing of Ka Rekka after she was accosted is clearly unlawful and constitutes a gross violation of international humanitarian law.

We support calls for an independent investigation into the killing of Ka Rekka. A postmortem examination of her remains will hopefully reveal more information.

We express our sympathies to the family and friends of Ka Rekka, who was a militant revolutionary beloved by the peasant masses and Lumad people of Mindanao. She was a former student of the University of the Philippines who decided to join the New People’s Army and dedicate her life to serving the oppressed and exploited masses.

Despite all the difficulties and sacrifices, Ka Rekka persevered and gave her all. She was a source of joy and life to the NPA and the masses. Her contributions to all fields of revolutionary work will forever be cherished and remembered by the people.

To her last breath, she was true to the people’s cause for national democracy. Her name will forever be etched in the annals of the Filipino people’s revolutionary heroes.

Ka Rekka, former UP student, was unarmed and extrajudicially killed in Bukidnon